wind Damage

Storm Damage

Mother Nature can be unpredictable. After a severe weather event, your home or commercial facility could be at risk of roof damage and flooding. If your property has suffered structural damage due to a storm (fallen trees, lightning, wind-propelled debris, water penetration, etc.) it’s important to contact a professional restoration company as soon as possible.

To protect your property and prevent the spread of dangerous microbes, it’s important to start the cleanup process quickly.

Storm Damage

How can storm damage affect my property?

  • Roof collapse or leaks
  • Fallen trees and debris blocking pathways
  • Trees leaning dangerously towards power lines or access areas
  • Damage to windows and doors

At CRCS DKI, our rapid response team will assess the full extent of the damage and begin our restoration process to minimize damage and costs. We’ll deploy skilled trades for emergency services such as roofing, siding, or tree removal personnel. Our goal is to reduce this unwanted disruption in your life and get your property quickly restored back to its pre-loss condition.

With just one call, we’ll be by your side to provide expert guidance and professional resources to help you with your problem. We won’t leave until you’re satisfied with the results!

Contact Us

Frequently Asked Questions

How long will the reconstruction/restoration process take?

This all depends on the size and complexity of the project. Once all parties involved have agreed to the scope of work, an approximate timeframe can be set. Regular communication with updates on completion and next steps, are provided and documented throughout the project.

Will I have to be home all the time during the reconstruction/restoration process?

In most situations this is not necessary. However, your daily routine may be somewhat disrupted due to equipment/tools running, and various types of work being completed. If the property is deemed unsafe to live in, we would recommend to your insurance company alternative living arrangements. The approval of alternate living accommodations must be made by your insurance company.

Do my belongings need to moved away from the premises?

This depends on the size and type of work being completed. For example, if only a couple of rooms are affected, your belongings can be shifted to another room or placed on foam blocks to allow air-flow during the drying process. If your belongings need to be moved, they are inventoried, packed carefully, cleaned (if necessary) and stored in our secure facility in Oshawa.

How long will it take my property to dry?

Drying times in most situations is 3 to 5 days. This can vary based on the type of building materials affected, and indoor air climate variations.

How do I know when it is completely dry?

We have various types of moisture reading tools that can verify moisture content in building materials as well as atmospheric conditions. In addition, we also have infra-red cameras to help map the path that water may have travelled.

Do I need to do anything prior to CRCS DKI arriving at my home?

We will need the owner of the property to be available to give us access to the premises. Also, the owner will be required to sign a work authorization. Even though your insurance company may have been the one to assign us, we need your authorization to enter your home and start our services.

Do I need a permit for reconstruction services?

If a permit is required for the project, in most cases we will apply for it with your local municipality.

What about my deductible?

In most cases, we are instructed by the insurance company to collect your deductible. It is payable to CRCS DKI and various methods of payment are accepted by our office. Once the deductible is collected your repairs can be scheduled to begin.

Who do I call with my questions or concerns?

Your claim will be assigned to one of our project managers. This is your first point of contact for questions/concerns related to the repairs to your property. If your question(s) are regarding your insurance policy/coverage these inquiries can only be answered by your insurance broker and/or the insurance company adjuster.

Get In Touch

Whitby Chamber of Commerce Oshawa Chamber of Commerce ContractorCheck IICRC Institute of Inspection Cleaning ComplyWorks